Fragile
was released 17 July 2013 as a single from Tech N9ne’s thirteenth studio album Something Else. The song is a defensive attack
from Tech N9ne in response to a negative review of his work from a writer for LA Weekly to whom Tech N9ne responds
that, “I’m an artist and I’m sensitive about my s**t.” The track begins with a
verse from Wrekonize and Bernz who introduce the theme of fragility that is
backed up by Wreckonzie and Kendall Morgan in the following hook; “I never
thought I’d be so fragile/(You’re not alone).” The second verse Tech N9ne spews
his feelings and thoughts in his typical Chopper style, loud and angry that he
could ever find himself so hurt by something that someone wrote. After another
repetition of the hook, Kendrick Lamar joins Tech N9ne with his own rapid-fire,
aggressive verse expressing the same sentiments as previously stated. Ending with
another repetition of the hook, the artist’s make it hard to ignore their self-realizations
that maybe they aren’t as thick-skinned as they had originally thought and
disdain for criticisms of their music by people who generally do create music,
or art in general, themselves.
The single is wholly powerful and
moving, potent and dangerous lyrics laid over a clear-cut beat with an
overwhelmingly annihilating impact. Aided by Kendall Morgan’s expressive and haunting
vocals, the song transitions smoothly from a slow, quiet respite on how
delicate human emotions and feeling can be a to vicious attack on the people
who threaten the messages individuals pour their hearts and souls into.
No comments:
Post a Comment